Coral ID please

  • Thread starter Thread starter MoshJosh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2022
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
4,825
Location
Grand Junction
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m assuming this is a goniopora, but does this specific colors have a name?

B77F07C3-0F73-465A-940A-4F433BD303C4.jpeg
 
That's a very common variety of goni. See if everywhere. Never saw any names associated with it.
Having said that, I'd separate those two corals.
 
That's a very common variety of goni. See if everywhere. Never saw any names associated with it.
Having said that, I'd separate those two corals.
Well at least I know it’s for sure a goni now haha was just labeled “LPS”.

there are some LPS corals that can be next to each other right? Is that just euphylia?
 
Well at least I know it’s for sure a goni now haha was just labeled “LPS”.

there are some LPS corals that can be next to each other right? Is that just euphylia?
"Usually" corals of the same type can touch. So goni/goni, leather/leather, etc.
Gonis are pretty strong. I've had gonis kill other gonis.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new