Coral ID

brandowelsh

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2023
Messages
40
Reaction score
43
Location
Bowling Green
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone please help me identify this?

IMG_9627.jpeg IMG_9626.jpeg
 
Leptastrea, specifically "John Deere".
Thank you for the reply! Leptastrea definitely seems correct, however, it’s prominently orange in color. I may be wrong, but I’d expect John Deere to be yellow and green, right?
 
Thank you for the reply! Leptastrea definitely seems correct, however, it’s prominently orange in color. I may be wrong, but I’d expect John Deere to be yellow and green, right?
Think it varies from specimen to specimen and light to light

This is a John Deere from Jason Fox:

1710476076245.png


From Tidal Gardens "One of the most popular has to be ‘John Deere’ with its Emerald Green rims and bright yellow/orange centers as per the John Deere logo"

ALL THAT BEING SAID haha I think you could call it a John Deere Leptastrea or a Green and Orange Leptastrea and be correct either way.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 29.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new