Coral id

jdubDaReefGuy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 9, 2024
Messages
156
Reaction score
96
Location
Van buren
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m pretty sure this is some type of cyphastrea but I’m not sure what type. Can someone please help me out! It had pink mouths with an orange body that spread to a blueish green color

IMG_3780.png
 
So I’m pretty sure this is some type of cyphastrea but I’m not sure what type. Can someone please help me out! It had pink mouths with an orange body that spread to a blueish green color

IMG_3780.png
Definitely need a better pic for a good ID
It's polyps look too small to be a cyphastrea, it looks a lot like a montipora to me.
 
It may not be a cyphastrea. That’s just what I was told when I bought it. But I also agree I think the polyps are too small. I thought maybe it was just upset. Maybe some type of porite?
Definitely need a better pic for a good ID
It's polyps look too small to be a cyphastrea, it looks a lot like a montipora to me.
 
It may not be a cyphastrea. That’s just what I was told when I bought it. But I also agree I think the polyps are too small. I thought maybe it was just upset. Maybe some type of porite?
Maybe, but a better picture would really help.
Are the polyps always "in" or do they ever look like this
1730091871475.png
 
Maybe, but a better picture would really help.
Are the polyps always "in" or do they ever look like this
1730091871475.png
So the polyps stay in. They never looked like that. The problem is I got the coral when I first started my tank and it melted away. That’s why I’m trying to find out what is was so I can try and find another one. Now that the tank is more mature and growing other sps I feel it would do fine now.
 
This was photos of it as it was melting. Not sure how much that will help. It made a real thin layer on whatever it was growing on. It wasn’t thick like a monti.

IMG_3782.png IMG_3781.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 36 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new