Coral ID

coopthetitan

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2024
Messages
17
Reaction score
9
Location
California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! Looking at getting an ID on this coral from LFS. I got it a while back when my tank was newer and it got sold to me as a “generic torch”. If someone can help me confirm if this is in fact a torch and maybe give me a specific type that would be awesome.
Thank you!
20250706_161652_62AB0E04-359B-4400-A0CF-88263473816C.png
 
Looks like a hybrid mix between hammer and torch. Longer tentacles as you would see on a torch with a somewhat hammer like tip. Either way nice looking piece 💪
Thank you for the reply. I am just trying to decide if I should be making a torch garden or a hammer garden around this guy. Don’t want to get a torch and then have it kill this guy.
 
Thank you all for the reply’s. Would it be safer to place a hammer or torch next to it since there seems to be a mystery about this guy?
 
Thank you for the reply. I am just trying to decide if I should be making a torch garden or a hammer garden around this guy. Don’t want to get a torch and then have it kill this guy.

If it was me I would separate it just in case, some torches will not get along with others as well. I have a holy grail variant that doesnt like my other torches, will start to retract the min one touches it. But if you do decide to attempt it I would just keep a close eye on it
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 25.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new