Coral ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter DmitryB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DmitryB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 26, 2026
Messages
1,231
Reaction score
955
Location
Hunter, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got a shipment of frags from Dr. Reef. One was supposed to be a Rasta Torch, but got nice Rasta Zoas instead. And another was supposed to be a Blastomusa Wellsi, but is actually this one. Can anyone ID this?

20260702_185612_80717452-EBA8-41FE-BE36-042FFA918420.png
 
Looks like someone screwed up.
Get in touch with him.
 
Looks like someone screwed up.
Get in touch with him.
I've been in touch and they're not denying it; said they'll include the correct items in my next order. So I have no complaints. Just curious what this coral is now that I have it!

The Jack-o-Lantern Lepto they sent (which I did order) is stunning; not a tiny frag, but a very decent sized head.
 
I've been in touch and they're not denying it; said they'll include the correct items in my next order. So I have no complaints. Just curious what this coral is now that I have it!

The Jack-o-Lantern Lepto they sent (which I did order) is stunning; not a tiny frag, but a very decent sized head.
Place your jack lepto far away from other corals you dont want melted into oblivion. Its the only coral ive had with 6+" sweepers. I also had a hollywood stunner with 8+" sweepers.
 
I got a shipment of frags from Dr. Reef. One was supposed to be a Rasta Torch, but got nice Rasta Zoas instead. And another was supposed to be a Blastomusa Wellsi, but is actually this one. Can anyone ID this?

20260702_185612_80717452-EBA8-41FE-BE36-042FFA918420.png
Looks like leptastrea
Psammocora, not Leptastrea, note the petaloid septa
 
20260726_150039_F27041D7-A7F4-41DD-BD32-52A61427ED91.png

Came home last night to find someone took a bite out of this. The only inhabitants of the tank are snails, hermits, Coral Banded Shrimp and a Biota baby Coral Beauty. I guess that's the most likely suspect? Could a quarter-sized tank bred Angel do that? I'm hoping this won't become a habit and he's just hungry. For the most part since I got him he's been hiding in the rocks. Rarely peaking out. Never coming out to eat when I feed the tank. It's been about a month since I got him.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new