Coral id

bryan oestreich

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 22, 2016
Messages
187
Reaction score
50
Location
St. Paul Mn
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to resure myself. This is a Capri moni right?

IMG_20160608_181220755.jpg
 
Last edited:
The lighter colors around the edges signify growth. You should also be able to see tiny polyps on the red if it's happy.
In my experience with caps the light intensity can create different shades of colors. They can handle various amounts of light. I personally have never kept one at the very top of the Rockford but I have seen others do it and get brighter colors.

Red Monti caps are one of the easier sps to care for imo.
 
The lighter colors around the edges signify growth. You should also be able to see tiny polyps on the red if it's happy.
In my experience with caps the light intensity can create different shades of colors. They can handle various amounts of light. I personally have never kept one at the very top of the Rockford but I have seen others do it and get brighter colors.

Red Monti caps are one of the easier sps to care for imo.

Ya it's my first obviously. So how long should I know if I can try other SPS coral?
 
I would get a green birdsnest next and keep an eye on it. A $5 frag withe good polyp extension and growth will let you know that the tank is staying within good parameters
 
No it doesn't have to be green. I happen to think the green has the best polyp extension and therefore you can identify if the polyps are being retracted even a little bit.
 
if your starting to get into SPS make sure you get familiar with your chemistry levels(and have test kits available). Dipping your corals in bayer solutions or something like that too
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new