Coral Id?

Reef_prop88

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2021
Messages
146
Reaction score
163
Location
Upstate NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a hand full of sps frags from an online auction and was wondering if anybody had a clue of what they might be?

feb 9 22 (2).JPG
feb 9 22 (3).JPG
feb 9 22 (4).JPG
feb 9 22.JPG
 
Looks like an acropora and cyphastrea.
I was looking for a more specific name. I think the 1st one is supposed to be a yellow tip. The others weren't specified. I know there's so many diff types out there that it's probably impossible to put a name on them. Figured if there was a place to do it it's here lol. I will just have to throw some funky names on them myself.
 
There are exceptions but with spa it is very rare to just be able to give you the hobbyist name id from a picture. They just vary way too much depending on health/lighting/photoshop. Plus you may have 10 vendors importing the same maricultured acro and all 10 put their unique name to it.
 
There are exceptions but with spa it is very rare to just be able to give you the hobbyist name id from a picture. They just vary way too much depending on health/lighting/photoshop. Plus you may have 10 vendors importing the same maricultured acro and all 10 put their unique name to it.
Agreed. I'm gonna put some funky names on em lol. Which one should I charge $500+ for? JK JK
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new