Coral ideas please!

megtrax17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking for coral placement ideas based on the picture of my tank.

However my main question is what can I place high up on this arch that can handle higher lighting and flow? (My flow is temporarily turned off/taken out due to waiting on my anenome guard and a lot of flow usually points there)

Aside from that, if you see any corals (by pinching and zooming) that you think need moved let me know. I’m new to the coral side of things. I think my torch and octospawn need separated more. They were bigger than I realized once they opened up and I suppose they’re gonna grow.

A list of my corals/anemones:

Bernardopora (on its own rock secluded)
Zoa garden (5 small clusters/types)
1 Torch
1 Ocotspawn
1 chalice
2-4 rock anemones
2 long tentacle anemones
5 mushroom types
3 types of star polyps
1 gorgonian
1 acro that came as a surprised wedged into a mushroom frag (found it after the mushrooms decided they wanted to move)
1 psammy

Should I ditch one anenome? They are constantly in the way and HUGE lol.

So final questions together since I’m all over the place;

1 (main question) what can and should I place on top of my arch?

2. should I move anything?

3. Should I ditch one anemone?

IMG_7460.jpeg

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
the obvious decision here is SPS or something that can handle direct light as that arch seems very less that 12" from the light(which i believe is the more common distance from the waterline to the lights).

i would ditch the 'nem unless you'd like for it to start walking around later down the road once the water flow/light changes. i have a CSBTA that has killed one too many corals in my tank from just roaming.

OP
OP
megtrax17

megtrax17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the obvious decision here is SPS or something that can handle direct light as that arch seems very less that 12" from the light(which i believe is the more common distance from the waterline to the lights).

i would ditch the 'nem unless you'd like for it to start walking around later down the road once the water flow/light changes. i have a CSBTA that has killed one too many corals in my tank from just roaming.
I was considering ditching it, it’s driving me crazy. It’s beautiful but is deff annoying some corals! It’s not like my clownfish care for it anyways. 12” is almost spot on from the top of the arch to the light!

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I was considering ditching it, it’s driving me crazy. It’s beautiful but is deff annoying some corals! It’s not like my clownfish care for it anyways. 12” is almost spot on from the top of the arch to the light!
if you want a 'nem without actually owning one, try your hand at an elegance coral, or better yet...rock flower anemone.

OP
OP
megtrax17

megtrax17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you want a 'nem without actually owning one, try your hand at an elegance coral, or better yet...rock flower anemone.
I mainly wanted it for my clowns but they didn’t really show a whole lot of interest because the nems rejected them when they tried. I have a few rock flowers!! :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back