Coral identification

LI_NorthShoreNanoReefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2025
Messages
22
Reaction score
13
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been having trouble trying to pinpoint what coral I have here. I was told it is a montipora. Someone else mentioned it is Merulina Scabricula. Any help with identification and placement in tank would be greatly appreciated!
20251223_133307_D81A4C40-3579-4946-982F-47380B96C725.png


20251223_133326_0DB13463-93A6-473D-B72D-C8F4E0ED0C98.png

20251223_133335_2D3755F8-4AAC-4DA9-9327-74FF45174AC4.png
 
I’ve been having trouble trying to pinpoint what coral I have here. I was told it is a montipora. Someone else mentioned it is Merulina Scabricula. Any help with identification and placement in tank would be greatly appreciated!
20251223_133307_D81A4C40-3579-4946-982F-47380B96C725.png


20251223_133326_0DB13463-93A6-473D-B72D-C8F4E0ED0C98.png

20251223_133335_2D3755F8-4AAC-4DA9-9327-74FF45174AC4.png
does it look like this?
 

Attachments

  • hydnophora-ultra-groen-184169728-1696640581.jpg
    hydnophora-ultra-groen-184169728-1696640581.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 34
I don't know. It does look like an LPS so I wouldn't blast it with light.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new