Coral Identification

  • Thread starter Thread starter mwalto11
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mwalto11

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2024
Messages
7
Reaction score
5
Location
Tennessee
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I got some corals from SBB Corals and this freebie came in the package. Does anyone know what kind of coral this is? Thank you, and I hope everyone is having a good week!
20260212_132341_CDDDE5D1-9AA4-409E-94E4-104E0D5FA3E8.png
 
Can you get a clearer picture? Whatever it is, it kind of looks like the polyp is retracted at the moment.
 
Can you get a clearer picture? Whatever it is, it kind of looks like the polyp is retracted at the moment.
20260212_132935_8D9111DA-B0A0-49AE-8051-A174DD0C87A5.png

20260212_132935_CBC3CA5E-F357-41F6-AE1A-BE3B48CACE40.png
Tried to get better photos. I have noticed it has a skeleton and it doesn’t have a flesh band. I will take more photos if the polyps come out as well.
 
Can you get a clearer picture? Whatever it is, it kind of looks like the polyp is retracted at the moment.
20260212_133304_44134539-9D12-4867-9660-7F8540AA2542.png

20260212_133304_98E31576-B4BD-4338-8DAC-1CF917D092F6.png
I have noticed it has a skeleton and no flesh band. I will try to get more photos when the polyps extend as well.
 
Could be a retracted Duncan, hard to tell at this point.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new