Coral Identification

  • Thread starter Thread starter T-J
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 11, 2019
Messages
3,502
Reaction score
3,988
Location
Phoenix
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as I've been here, this is the first time I've asked for identifying some corals. Just lucky I guess...

Picked up a few SPS frags today to see how well the new 120g is coming along. So far other SPS frags from my other tank, along with some LPS and fish have transitioned to the 120 tank without skipping a beat!

The below 4 frags are new to me, so I'm wondering if anyone can ID them.

No idea on what this acro might be, but I loved the purble and green coloring.
Coral1.jpg

This read one looks like a type of Monti. Odd growth pattern.
Coral2.jpg

This odd Acro looks very bright yellow/green in the tank. Two pics of it.
Coral3.jpg Coral4.jpg

Last one. Two pics. To me, looks like a green center with purple polyps and edge Monti.
Coral5.jpg Coral6.jpg
 
As long as I've been here, this is the first time I've asked for identifying some corals. Just lucky I guess...

Picked up a few SPS frags today to see how well the new 120g is coming along. So far other SPS frags from my other tank, along with some LPS and fish have transitioned to the 120 tank without skipping a beat!

The below 4 frags are new to me, so I'm wondering if anyone can ID them.

No idea on what this acro might be, but I loved the purble and green coloring.
Coral1.jpg

This read one looks like a type of Monti. Odd growth pattern.
Coral2.jpg

This odd Acro looks very bright yellow/green in the tank. Two pics of it.
Coral3.jpg Coral4.jpg

Last one. Two pics. To me, looks like a green center with purple polyps and edge Monti.
Coral5.jpg Coral6.jpg
Monti looks like mind trick.
The red one looks like some sort of digi.
 
After doing some searching, it looks like that first acro might be an ORA Laura’s Purple Polyp. Anyone agree with that?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new