Coral identification?

Afkomjorgen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey!

just wanted some confirmation on what these are before I buy them locally.
Seller thinks maybe turbinaria. 7” wide across. Stony.
Any ideas?
also what is the round pineapple looking one?
Thanks! Still learning and excited to add some new corals if they will get along with my current gang ( I need identification so I can research) mostly I’ve got leathers and Euphyllia right now

Sierra

DD0D36F5-885C-4BDC-B01E-B93BF6F01E83.jpeg 097085DA-0F4D-4753-A51F-D3DC76006A56.jpeg 16856F22-DD66-49A0-9800-6AFF68D15A65.jpeg

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top is a Turbinaria (sp?), Scroll coral

Middle is a chalice, could be llamelosa (sp?

Bottom is a favia, favites

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They should play well with what you have. The chalice may send out long feeding tentacles at night. If so it will need space around it so it doesn't stig other corals.

ClownSchool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could really use some help, as well. I’m new to the hobby and I attended my first coral show.
I can’t find anything on proper care for what I was told would be an ‘easy’ coral for my tank.
they called it a Green Elkhorn SPS. The tips look like they are bleaching and may be too high up in the tank, but without research, I can’t be sure. Also, there’s a second coral I bought, that I’m having trouble identifying.
Any help is appreciated.
mill post the elkhorn picture first, then the mystery coral next.
also, if you have any links to a site/sites that help with identification and/or care, that would be huge.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 38

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The second looks like a montipora. Probably encrusting. They need some nice flow, good light and are fairly hardy corals if not stung by other corals.
The first one is not an elk horn that I have ever seen. It looks like another monti with some strange growth patterns. Many will make branches and they will grow with the flow. I hope someone else chimes in here on that first one.

BKTERK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any websites for zoanthids or other hobbyists varieties? These websites from leisure pro are decent for starting out identification...

Hard coral identification:

Coral Identification: Types Of Coral (Part 1- Hard Coral) - AquaViews

Hard coral is just one type of coral found in our oceans. Learn about these nine different species.
www.leisurepro.com
www.leisurepro.com
Soft coral identification:

Coral Identification: Types Of Coral (Part 2- Soft Coral) - AquaViews

Soft coral is just one type of coral found in our oceans. Learn about these six different families of soft coral.
www.google.com
www.google.com

Back