Coral infection?

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2020
Messages
1,352
Reaction score
664
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry to overload on the soft coral thread but i would really like to know why my coral looks like this. Its standing up fine right and and not acting weird but is this an infection or something?

69ADD45E-BC3A-49DF-A3DD-E1507F39FC1B.jpeg
 
SOmetimes cyano will grow on the stalks of corals, see if it brushes off easily. Corals also periodicly renew their mucus coating by shedding and it could be getting ready to do shed. At this point I would not be concerned it was an infection.
 
If you are referring to the brown, crusty looking growth on the base, that’s pretty normal as far as I know. My sinu has had it for a long time and never had any problems.
 
SOmetimes cyano will grow on the stalks of corals, see if it brushes off easily. Corals also periodicly renew their mucus coating by shedding and it could be getting ready to do shed. At this point I would not be concerned it was an infection.
If you are referring to the brown, crusty looking growth on the base, that’s pretty normal as far as I know. My sinu has had it for a long time and never had any problems.
That helps me very much thank you both, I was worried it was dying or something.
 
I’ve seen a few of my kenya trees look like that from time to time, my guess is it’s normal. Just anecdotal, but it seems to be worse when I glued the foot directly to some thing, which I know tends to be a no-no for soft coral
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new