Coral Issue

Mike_1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me figure out what is wrong with my coral. It’s been fine for a couple months now and this past week it’s started to do this. Everything else has seemed fine up to this point.

Alk 9.6
Calcium 450
Salinity 1.027
Mag 1380
Phosphate currently .22. It varies between .1-.3 currently use Phosban for it.

No real swings. I dose 2ml a day of all for reef to keep things “stable” otherwise everything drops more.

In the tank is a clown, clown goby, and two peppermint shrimp. Also have a handful of blue hermits and snails as a cleanup crew.

IMG_2506.jpeg IMG_2507.jpeg

Brandon3000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Torch seems to be on it's way out. How's the flesh look on the heads? When mine start to display that behavior, I try and isolate the heads in hopes that whatever is going on doesn't take all the heads down with it.

noahwz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Polyp Bailout, in my experience, this is hard to stop once its begun. You can try and frag the head that is struggling and hope that the other head survives. If water is stable, I'd try a coral dip to control any pests or bacteria.

OP
OP
M

Mike_1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nitrate is 5. I will try a dip. Nothing has changed in my tank so maybe it’ll stop the loss. If not I’ll just wait awhile before I get another I suppose

Wayofthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You probably want to consider raising your nitrate to compensate for the elevated phosphate. Have you had the coral long? And what the other person said about cutting it to save the one head is a good idea.. 99% dont come back from the point where yours is at.

OP
OP
M

Mike_1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had it probably 4-5 months now? So not a crazy long time but not yesterday either.

TBH I wouldn’t know how to raise nitrates

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

• Other.

Back