View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
55 gallon
Ca 470
Kh 9.6
Testing ph and nitrate soon
I went on vacation for a week and it’s been a couple days later and my tank looks like this .My corals have not been fully open and extended. Zoas are not opening fire work star polyp and gsp not opening and other corals are shriveled up, I replaced my carbon , did a water change 2 weeks ago doing one this weekend image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• 73638682378__5BC5E2D3-A606-4C29-A7F4-A658957145BA.MOV
    4.1 MB

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Dinos allright. Are your Nitrates and Phosphates bottomed out to zero? Increase those if that's the case. Those type of Dinos will be killed with UV light I believe, so if you have one, agitate the dinos and get them in the water column so the UV light can get to them.

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
right. When dinos attach directly to corals, then corals often die or regress quickly. So yes, dinos on corals can definitely explain what you are seeing.

OP
OP
Dylans aquatics

Dylans aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Dinos allright. Are your Nitrates and Phosphates bottomed out to zero? Increase those if that's the case. Those type of Dinos will be killed with UV light I believe, so if you have one, agitate the dinos and get them in the water column so the UV light can get to them.
I’ve been trying a turkey baster so hopefully that will work. Thank you so much!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 19.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 131 76.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back