Coral layout

Slim64684

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to start by saying I'm new to the saltwater aquarium hobby, but i have had fish tanks off and on for a few years. I started a 20 long saltwater tank about a month ago and I am in the cycling process. During my wait i thought I would start trying to figure out a layout for future coral purchases. It's going to be mainly a softie/lps tank. I came up with a partial design i think will work but im looking for some feedback on my ideas.
20181213_101538.jpg
front view
20181213_101446.jpg
top view

Black will be a ricordia
Red will be scans
Green will he a branching hammer
Purple will be zoas

I'm at a loss as to what to put in the middle. I'm not running high lights (current ic, and will probably get anotherone). I also am not looking for high end/ high dollar corals, but i would really appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to start by saying I'm new to the saltwater aquarium hobby, but i have had fish tanks off and on for a few years. I started a 20 long saltwater tank about a month ago and I am in the cycling process. During my wait i thought I would start trying to figure out a layout for future coral purchases. It's going to be mainly a softie/lps tank. I came up with a partial design i think will work but im looking for some feedback on my ideas.
20181213_101538.jpg
front view
20181213_101446.jpg
top view

Black will be a ricordia
Red will be scans
Purple will be zoas

I'm at a loss as to what to put in the middle. I'm not running high lights (current ic, and will probably get anotherone). I also am not looking for high end/ high dollar corals, but i would really appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Leathers are pretty hardy corals and there are enough of them to create some diversity (colors,shapes,etc). I would however wait a few months after your cycle before adding coral to allow your tank to stabilize.

tdowning

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20181213_101538.jpg
front view
20181213_101446.jpg
top view

Black will be a ricordia
Red will be scans
Purple will be zoas

You could also do a frogspawn...similar to the branching hammer. Or look at a leather toadstool, or finger leather coral. Good luck!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back