Coral Life Coral Cover Fixture-Looking for feedback or review

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any feedback or review on this fixture from anyone that's used it? Info is still pretty sparse. Thanks.

OP
OP
V

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, gave up and going a different route. $500 is too risky with no feedback. One thing that I noticed is it looks like they use red and blue to make violet instead of actual violet leds. One example I saw of that with another fixture didn't look good.

meermann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, gave up and going a different route. $500 is too risky with no feedback. One thing that I noticed is it looks like they use red and blue to make violet instead of actual violet leds. One example I saw of that with another fixture didn't look good.
Honestly they call it Purple instead of Violet.
I also considering to buy that fixture, but... I live in Germany, shipping + customs costs are ~35-40%, it's definitely not a bargain in my case.

So bump :)

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly they call it Purple instead of Violet.
I also considering to buy that fixture, but... I live in Germany, shipping + customs costs are ~35-40%, it's definitely not a bargain in my case.

So bump :)

I’d call the purple thing a misinterpretation. It’s a preset called purple+, intended to mimic the ati purple+ bulb which has a strong combination of blue and red (ends up looking more pink than purple) so technically the term is accurate. It also has presets for some other popular ati bulbs such as the blue+ and aqua blue special.

Also a small nitpick on the OP, it’s sold by aquatic life, not coralife.

FWIW I haven’t used it nor have I seen or heard of anyone using it. Odd because the aquatic life fixture for t5ho was revolutionary for creating a hybrid that wasn’t so DIY looking, and was well received for many years. I thought this fixture would be a slam dunk when it came out. Hasn’t seemed to gain much traction

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d call the purple thing a misinterpretation. It’s a preset called purple+, intended to mimic the ati purple+ bulb which has a strong combination of blue and red (ends up looking more pink than purple) so technically the term is accurate. It also has presets for some other popular ati bulbs such as the blue+ and aqua blue special.

Also a small nitpick on the OP, it’s sold by aquatic life, not coralife.

FWIW I haven’t used it nor have I seen or heard of anyone using it. Odd because the aquatic life fixture for t5ho was revolutionary for creating a hybrid that wasn’t so DIY looking, and was well received for many years. I thought this fixture would be a slam dunk when it came out. Hasn’t seemed to gain much traction
Price point seems high. It is about the cost of a dimmable t5 hybrid but $200 more than the "static" version.
Should be priced somewhere in-between.

Like $499.. ;)

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Price point seems high. It is about the cost of a dimmable t5 hybrid but $200 more than the "static" version.
Should be priced somewhere in-between.

Like $499.. ;)

Lol in all fairness I hadn’t actually looked at the price. Middle class old man attitude here but reefing has nearly priced me out of the hobby at the moment. I just assume most other hobbyists will pay to play regardless of the cost of gear

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back