Coral Questions

ollysaquariums

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 28, 2025
Messages
134
Reaction score
40
Location
Queensland
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I just wanted to show my corals and also ask one or two questions about them and see if anyone can identify my zoanthid species, as well as tell me if everything looks healthy. I have a duncan, torch, favia, acan, wilsoni, hammer, toadstool leather, finger leather, jack o lantern, firework polyps and a zoa garden.

One question is I wanted to know is it normal that my torch has these bulges out the side of its polyps? It isn’t as open as it usually is and I don’t know if it’s growing more or not.

I’ll reply to this post with extra photos as they aren’t uploading properly.

20250820_175643_B8CE32EA-8D0A-4061-B921-7BE0A53098A7.png
 
Hey everyone, I just wanted to show my corals and also ask one or two questions about them and see if anyone can identify my zoanthid species, as well as tell me if everything looks healthy. I have a duncan, torch, favia, acan, wilsoni, hammer, toadstool leather, finger leather, jack o lantern, firework polyps and a zoa garden.

One question is I wanted to know is it normal that my torch has these bulges out the side of its polyps? It isn’t as open as it usually is and I don’t know if it’s growing more or not.

I’ll reply to this post with extra photos as they aren’t uploading properly.

20250820_175643_B8CE32EA-8D0A-4061-B921-7BE0A53098A7.png
20250820_190005_3FF92B40-5379-4B2C-B008-4E9905DA49D6.png


20250820_190014_E1CD3558-0B86-4183-B2FE-050C85B29FAF.png


20250820_190044_5A6A50F2-D102-4BBE-BCF1-67133BB0CFA9.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new