Coral Reef Health Project

Fishman793

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 10, 2013
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for my school research project, my question is

"To what extent do humans affect coral reefs in the wild?"

I need a student generated source, and I figured that I would start a discussion, so what are your views on human's impacts on our coral reefs? Are humans detrimental? Beneficial? Anything posted about coral reefs is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
 
I have been diving in the Keys where a dive group actually was doing reef cleaning post-hurricane to investigate if at was helpful (long term). They were essentially blowing/brushing sediment that the storm kicked up. May be worth a google?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new