Coral slowly receding

jennyQwQ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really need some advice here. I am struggling with my coral atm, it is really bizarre. So all my acan, candy cane chalice, and some hammer is slowly receding and I don’t know why. On the other hand my sps is growing or just stay as what it is and all my torch is fine. My phosphate is 0.02, Nitrate 5, Mg 1320, Ca 420, Kh 7 and I can’t think of why.

IMG_2792.jpeg IMG_2791.jpeg IMG_2790.jpeg

musel101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hard to tell did you take the pictures in the cave underwater?
Can you take the picture with white light that would be helpful to everybody here

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear, but we need more information. Please try to answer the following,

Full tank parameters?

Are these newly added?

Any other livestock in the tank?

How old is the tank?

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are those pics at night? It will help more if you take pics during the day, turn the blues down and the whites up.

Outlaw Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has the tank been running ? How big is the tank ? What light’s are you running ? And light setting’s, what % is the UV set at ?

OP
OP
jennyQwQ

jennyQwQ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hard to tell did you take the pictures in the cave underwater?
Can you take the picture with white light that would be helpful to everybody here
I took the photo when my tank light it shut down. I will try to take better tomorrow when light is turning on. X

OP
OP
jennyQwQ

jennyQwQ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear, but we need more information. Please try to answer the following,

Full tank parameters?

Are these newly added?

Any other livestock in the tank?

How old is the tank?
Hi! What do u mean full tank parameter, like salinity? 1.025 temp 27, I haven’t test PH yet can do that tomorrow. I have send for a ICP test the result haven’t come back yet. All coral have been in the tank for quite a while but I have upgrade to a bigger tank in last 2 months. Only got two clown fish, two yellow damsel, sea urchin, few snail, clams that’s it.

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! What do u mean full tank parameter, like salinity? 1.025 temp 27, I haven’t test PH yet can do that tomorrow. I have send for a ICP test the result haven’t come back yet. All coral have been in the tank for quite a while but I have upgrade to a bigger tank in last 2 months. Only got two clown fish, two yellow damsel, sea urchin, few snail, clams that’s it.
By full tank parameters, I mean everything YOU can test for.

OP
OP
jennyQwQ

jennyQwQ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has the tank been running ? How big is the tank ? What light’s are you running ? And light setting’s, what % is the UV set at ?
The tank has been running for 2 month but I upgrade from a nano tank. I feel like it is fairly mature got coralline algae growing everywhere. I am running it under a Chinese brand, blue 65% Royal blue 65% white 30% everything else 0% as I heard coral only needs blue others may cause increase algae growth.

Outlaw Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank has been running for 2 month but I upgrade from a nano tank. I feel like it is fairly mature got coralline algae growing everywhere. I am running it under a Chinese brand, blue 65% Royal blue 65% white 30% everything else 0% as I heard coral only needs blue others may cause increase algae growth.
Tank is no where near mature, it needs to be running over a year with stable parameters before it starts to mature, I am not familiar with those lights you are using. Is there a UV setting those Corals could be starving from not enough light

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back