Coral tank sizes?

KLaRue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, i will use some distilled (once i get my hands on it) how old should the tank be? 1 Year? more? or less?
Not saying whether correct or not, but I believe I've heard that distilled water may have copper in it resulting from the distillation process (the tubing). Should that be a concern for the OP?

The_Skrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, but can they grow horizontally? just asking
You've got two kinds of hammers. Wall hammers are usually a little harder to keep but they grow out horizontally. I don't have much experience with those. The other kind is branching hammers which are usually hardier and easier to frag once the branches give you enough length to cut them. They stay pretty round in shape though.
To give you an idea, I gave mine about six inches on all sides which is more than enough for two year old hammers. I have a monti cap that grows out close to the hammer every now and then and if it gets around three or four inches from it, I have to frag the monti back because otherwise the hammer's sweepers will sting it and start turning it white.

OP
OP
Unitylover

Unitylover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've got two kinds of hammers. Wall hammers are usually a little harder to keep but they grow out horizontally. I don't have much experience with those. The other kind is branching hammers which are usually hardier and easier to frag once the branches give you enough length to cut them. They stay pretty round in shape though.
To give you an idea, I gave mine about six inches on all sides which is more than enough for two year old hammers. I have a monti cap that grows out close to the hammer every now and then and if it gets around three or four inches from it, I have to frag the monti back because otherwise the hammer's sweepers will sting it and start turning it white.
what i meant is that can it grow upward?

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not saying whether correct or not, but I believe I've heard that distilled water may have copper in it resulting from the distillation process (the tubing). Should that be a concern for the OP?
Id say its unlikely, RODI is still better IMO, but there isn't much harm in distilled

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh cool, but I go to carribean blue aquatics or Tropical Island aquarium. Tropical island aquarium is actually under 3 miles away.
nice. if you do get a chance, id highly recommend checking out island fish and scale too, they give great advice and have a really nice selection of coral.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.1%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 27.9%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 75 48.7%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back