Coral warfare question.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stylo328
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Stylo328

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 18, 2013
Messages
471
Reaction score
411
Location
South Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an RTN issue with my Steve Elias stag frag. It was more of a mini colony than a frag and had been in the tank thriving for a while. Recently it touched up against a validia and the validia began to grow over one of the stag branches. I paid little mind to it and figured they would settle in; worst case scenario, I thought I would have to frag that one branch. Seemingly overnight the Steve Elias RTN'd. Yesterday I broke off a frag and glued it elsewhere in the tank and it seems to be fine.

My question is, do you think that touching the validia caused the RTN issue? All other actos are fine, as is the frag I relocated.

IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new