Coral Warfare; who's gonna win

  • Thread starter Thread starter A sea K
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

A sea K

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 5, 2017
Messages
473
Reaction score
419
Location
Branford Fl
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a perfect spot for my Goniopora to go but it will be close enough to a Echinata I have that I see encroachment issues in the future. The Echinata will be above the Goniopora so I would assume upward growth would mean the Goniopora would grow into the Echinata but what would be the outcome when these two get together?
 
I've got a perfect spot for my Goniopora to go but it will be close enough to a Echinata I have that I see encroachment issues in the future. The Echinata will be above the Goniopora so I would assume upward growth would mean the Goniopora would grow into the Echinata but what would be the outcome when these two get together?

The echinata wins hands down.
 
Ouch, not what I was hoping to hear. Thanks for the advice though. Do you happen to know whether it will kill it outright or will it only effect the goni tentacles as they grow and make contact with the echinata? If the latter is the case I can live with that.
 
Ouch, not what I was hoping to hear. Thanks for the advice though. Do you happen to know whether it will kill it outright or will it only effect the goni tentacles as they grow and make contact with the echinata? If the latter is the case I can live with that.

it will straight murder everything it touches....... they are one of the meanest corals out there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new