Coral won't stand up.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bombschell
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bombschell

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 28, 2021
Messages
185
Reaction score
128
Location
East, Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked this up about a week ago at a local "pet" store. Terrible light and water flow there so I was thinking it would stand up I'm my tank, but it doesn't. It puts out polyps and seems healthy over all but it won't stand up.

IMG_20211031_152043757_HDR.jpg
 
IME these corals like a lot of chaotic flow. Then again it might just be pouting. They can be very temperamental sometimes too. As long as your parameters are within reason and everything else looks good it might just be a matter of time. Maybe give it another week or so and if there's no change you might want to move it to a different spot. GL.
 
I had plenty of leather corals back in the days, give it more time .. they are very moody
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new