Coralbox DCA4000 stops working without warning

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Stephen Glover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was walking by my tank when I noticed that the water level was low. My Coralbox DCA4000 return pump wasn't running and the blue lights were flashing. I reset the power and it came back on. I don't feel comfortable using this pump as I never had an issue with the Eheim it was replacing. Any one else having issues?

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Stephen,

Can you please tell me the specific error code that was displayed on your pump's controller? The controller will tell you what kind of error it encountered if the pump is off.

Please contact our support team if you need further assistance https://reefbreeders.com/contact/

OP
OP
Stephen Glover

Stephen Glover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked at the error codes and I believe it was the abnormal input voltage code. What would cause that? I have the pump plugged in to a reefkeeper elite which is plugged into a GFCI outlet

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked at the error codes and I believe it was the abnormal input voltage code. What would cause that? I have the pump plugged in to a reefkeeper elite which is plugged into a GFCI outlet
It could be the power supply- or a power surge/voltage fluctuation. If it happens again please note the error code and contact us directly for support.

OP
OP
Stephen Glover

Stephen Glover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried reaching out to your support and I have not received a reply. The pump now doesn't even turn and is flashing a code not present in the manual. Luckily I still have an old Eheim which I was able to use to save my tank. The 3 left lights and the furthest right light blink

. Video attached.

OP
OP
Stephen Glover

Stephen Glover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried reaching out to your support and I have not received a reply. The pump now doesn't even turn and is flashing a code not present in the manual. Luckily I still have an old Eheim which I was able to use to save my tank. The 3 left lights and the furthest right light blink

. Video attached.

OP
OP
Stephen Glover

Stephen Glover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after soaking it for 6 hours the pump started running again. I'm now assuming these pumps need to be cleaned much more than the old AC pumps. I'm thinking of setting a reminder to clean every 2 months.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Stephen,

I searched your name and I do not see any emails in my system other than an email thread from 2019. If you don't mind PMing me your details I will look into that right away.

Also please do keep in mind that we are not open on weekends. I do pop into the office but it is outside working hours, so I may not be able to get back to you on a Sunday.

The error code you have is in the manual as "Pump Stuck- Unable to turn" which means the impeller may be calcified. I would check the bushings on the back of the impeller and make sure that they are not bound up. If you need new bushings we have them on hand.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back