coralcollage's Mixed 29 Gal Reef

coralcollage

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2014
Messages
65
Reaction score
2
Location
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured I'd put one of these build threads together.

Specs/Equipment;
29 Gallon Glass Aquarium
Cascade 700 Canister Filter
Kessil a150w Ocean Blue LED
Hydor Koralia for movement

Incoming Items;
Spectrapure 90 GPD RO/DI Unit


View attachment 126204
View attachment 126205
View attachment 126206
View attachment 126207
View attachment 126208
acan.jpg

palys.jpg

kenya tree.jpg
 
Holy Mushroom. How are you liking the Kessil? I ran one for a while but traded it for a RB Nova. Any big plans for the furture?
 
Holy Mushroom. How are you liking the Kessil? I ran one for a while but traded it for a RB Nova. Any big plans for the furture?

LOL...

I love the Kessil, it is plenty for this tank.. I haven't tried any SPS under it though, so idk about that.

About the future... If I can get the funds, I would love to upgrade to maybe a 40 breeder.
 
40B are one of my favorite size tanks. I really want a 93 cube. What other coral are you currently stocked with?

Purple/Blue mushrooms
Green star polyps
Clove polyps
Kenya tree
2 Zoa frags
Pumping Xenia
Green/brown play
Candy cane (growing pretty well)
Red acan



Looking to get more lps. My next corals will probably be hammer, bubble, and maybe a pagoda cup.
 
Is the Kessil really that blue? Looks like it's almost shot under actinics. Just asking because i'm not familiar with them.
 
Just for fun. A Video of my tank :smile:

[video=youtube;GSF9ZH4FfGQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSF9ZH4FfGQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]
 
Looks good!
 
Few pics, not much has changed.

Moved a few rocks around
fts3.jpg

My RO/DI (Love it, can't thank you guys enough for recommending it!)
ro di.jpg


My corals grubbin'
reefchili.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new