Coralife BioCube LED canopy

BlueSallymandr

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 18, 2023
Messages
29
Reaction score
20
Location
US
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I have an older Oceanic Biocube 14 that I picked up used and am running as my first beginner reef tank. One of the fluorescent bulbs just died, and when I went looking for a replacement found that they had been discontinued apparently? (correct me if I'm wrong, but I saw other threads about this on here). I read a bit about the Steve's LED retrofit kit but it's a little expensive and I'm worried it would be overkill for the softie reef I'm working on. I want a complete hood because I have a firefish and am planning on more gobies. Does anyone have experience with the Coralife BioCube LED canopy? It gets good reviews on Amazon but I thought I would ask here too.
 
I am familiar with the new canopies but unfortunately, they only fit the Coralife Tanks. The old Oceanic have a different lid profile and these won't swap out for them. If you have an oceanic then your best bet is a DIY solution.
 
Hi everyone,
I have an older Oceanic Biocube 14 that I picked up used and am running as my first beginner reef tank. One of the fluorescent bulbs just died, and when I went looking for a replacement found that they had been discontinued apparently? (correct me if I'm wrong, but I saw other threads about this on here). I read a bit about the Steve's LED retrofit kit but it's a little expensive and I'm worried it would be overkill for the softie reef I'm working on. I want a complete hood because I have a firefish and am planning on more gobies. Does anyone have experience with the Coralife BioCube LED canopy? It gets good reviews on Amazon but I thought I would ask here too.
Found this..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1338676588...zsYbwXIPXW4pAF4/x5r2T40w==|tkp:Bk9SR-TGquKqYw
Send your hood to them type thing..
Pictures shown in listing are on a actual Oceanic Bio-Cube 14G aquarium hood with 45W LED retrofit upgrade. This auction offers total of 65W. (This listing is ONLY for Oceanic Bio14 hood, will not work with Coralife Bio14)
 
I forgot to say thank you to you both! I am not super handy so I went with the eBay seller (ProSpectrum LED). By chance, I live near them so the job is already done and my corals and I are enjoying the new LEDs. Just wanted to put that out there in case anyone else finds this thread :)
 
I have two biocubes, one is the Oceanic 28 gallon and the other is the 32. I replaced the lights with StevesLEDS and they are great. Most of my corals are softies and you can set your parameters as you like, plus they are a great helpful company to deal with. I even sent my one hood to them and they refit everything for me.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new