Coralife Biocube Skimmer

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a coralife nano skimmer with the limewood airstone. For the first week, I had to play with it quite a bit in order to prevent there from being too much skimmate in just a few hours.

Since I've had it nearly 2 weeks, I figured "hey, it should be running like a cheapo skimmer by now" but that's simply not the case -or maybe this IS what cheapo skimmers look like. I end up with a full cup of skimmate once per day...and that (to me) seems like quite the amount to have to deal with.

Is it possible (since I've never run a skimmer on this tank, and it's around 5 months old) that it's really just producing that much? Or, have I made a mistake going cheap and this is literally the best it's going to get?

Skimmate is usually a half dozen shades darker than the water, but still visibly translucent.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, they’re not good.
Most air pumps aren’t strong enough. I tried a couple. Got dark ish tea. That’s about it.

OP
OP
wesman42

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well unfortunately, mine has an air valve. Those are the adjustments I've made over the past 2 weeks and it really just isn't cutting the cake. If I have to empy it every day, it revolves around moving the skimmer in chamber 1, which also messes with the level.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back