Coralife super skimmer 65

Carl Rosleck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning all,

I finished adding water and salt to my new 55 gallon tank yesterday. Thanks to everyone advise on mixing the salt that went pretty well. I am wondering if I have an issue with my skimmer now. I have a HOB coralife super skimmer 65 that after a lot of tweaking I have the bubbles coming about 1/2 way up the tube in the skim chamber. I am seeing a lot of micro air bubbles being released into the tank. After a few hours of googling I see several comments that this is normal during the break in period. Should I not sweat this for a few days? The only things in the tank are water mixed with salt and a bit of chlorine remover that was added to the water.

cap232

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
don't even worry about adjusting it yet you have nothing to skim out of the water. take it off for now or adjust it for no bubbles coming out of the skimmer to the tank for now.

OP
OP
Carl Rosleck

Carl Rosleck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the reply. I realize that there is nothing to skim ATM. My concern is unplugging it until I have a load in the tank and then plugging it in and have the tank flood with the micro air bubbles.

cap232

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It shouldnt even be on till the sand and rock is in it and the tank is cycling. Your not gaining anything at all now

OP
OP
Carl Rosleck

Carl Rosleck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do understand that. The purpose of me setting it up was to make sure it's working before adding sand and rock next weekend. My issue is the bubble diffuser is filling the tank with micro air bubbles and I wanted to sort the issues out before adding the rock and sand and then having a issue with the surplus of air bubbles in the tank.

Grimreaperz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this exact skimmer....if you are using it HOB style then this is to be expected.... most if not all skimmers produce some type of Micro bubbles....this is why I ended up getting a Sump and because it flooded once.....if not then make sure the sponge in on the output to difuse the bubbles

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.9%
Back