Coraline algae

Uzair Aiman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Im currently cycling my tank without fishes. My ammonia is around 1.5ppm and the nitrites are at 4ppm the last 2 days I checked. So I guess it currently cycling correctly where the nitrites are spiking and the ammonia should come down soon.
I havent realized when I bought this rock the past 3 weeks or so, but Im seeing this purple stuff and Im not sure if it is coraline algae or not. I know that we need to introduce coraline into the tank so I guess this is good news for me! (if it is coraline). Id like to ask for ID from you guys if it actually is coraline or is it just anything else purple. And my rock was dry rock when I bought it, does it mean the coraline is dead? Can it still grow?
1621946791079.png

Also, while youre at it, it is normal to have these parameters during cycling am I correct? Just to be sure hehe

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not likely coralline unless it was live rock or you introduced a piece of live rock that had coralline on it. Coralline typically won’t appear until we’ll after cycling is done and you need a source for it to begin to grow.

OP
OP
Uzair Aiman

Uzair Aiman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not likely coralline unless it was live rock or you introduced a piece of live rock that had coralline on it. Coralline typically won’t appear until we’ll after cycling is done and you need a source for it to begin to grow.
dang, that was sad to hear but okay! Thank you so much

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back