Corals and Reef Crazy Glue

Coralcitos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been attaching with glue my new corals directly to the rock and carefully removing them from the frag plug they come glued. Do corals like montipora and stylo grow on top of this glue? I noticed that the coral has grown in parts where glue is not present.

Is there another type of glue that can be used to glue directly to the rock ? I shouldn’t remove from plugs?

Thank you.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't worry about it, the corals will attach fine to the glue and rocks. But I do like to use some putty as well as the glue

OP
OP
Coralcitos

Coralcitos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Which putty do you recommend? Is the use similar to glue that attaches under water?

ReefRy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two Little Fishies epoxy works great, but be warned: it hardens like rock and sets quickly. I only mix up enough to place one or two frags at a time. It also comes in different colors, but red looks really good after a few weeks.

BRS super glue is the best I've found, btw. Save yourself time and money and just buy the big bottle. They supply three extra tips so you don't have to worry about it getting clogged.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Which putty do you recommend? Is the use similar to glue that attaches under water?
Putty doesn't set as quickly as super glue so I actually use both at the same time (I use the super glue to temporarily hold the coral to the putty while the putty is setting up). I've used a couple of different coral putties and they seem similar. Just find one that is for saltwater tanks and you should be good to go

Desperado Lucky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Tunze 2-part coral gum is really good, fast setting and is the first I’ve used that doesn’t make the skimmer go berserk. I don’t even turn the skimmer off using it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back