OP
OP
lawise

lawise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could it be your denitrator? My zoos are slowly melting one by one for no reason, and some of my sps’s, and lps’s.
They started to bleach/melt, after 5 weeks I installed my denitrator. Im not sure yet if was some Iodine I overdosed(not sure if I overdosed) or the denitrator.
I wouldn't think it would be your denitrator, I did lower the intensity of my lights and now I see color coming back in my acans about a day later![emoji16]

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if your acans are the ones that are bleaching I would try moving them to a lower light location/shade. I always had acans lose color/get white streaks in too high of light. Do you have pics? I think that would help everyone diagnose

OP
OP
lawise

lawise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if your acans are the ones that are bleaching I would try moving them to a lower light location/shade. I always had acans lose color/get white streaks in too high of light. Do you have pics? I think that would help everyone diagnose
I lowered the light intensity and they are looking better

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lowered the light intensity and they are looking better
Great! Happy reefing. Btw, check out cornbread rainbow anaconda acan and pink lemonade acan, two of my favorites for sure. Absurd prices on the website (like everything else he sells) but I got heads of both in ebay auctions for $75 and $45 (not buy it now but regular auction)

Cornbred's Rainbow Anaconda Acan – Cornbred Corals
https://cornbredcorals.com/products/cornbreds-rainbow-anaconda-acan

Cornbred's Pink Lemonade Acan - Frag - LIVE CORAL | eBay
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Cornbreds-Pink-Lemonade-Acan-Frag-LIVE-CORAL-/121982979227

Still expensive but epic coloration imo

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back