20220622_213255.jpg
20220622_213335.jpg

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
in a nano reef invasion, we don’t ever need to know the species at hand. We need only a tank owner done with being invaded, ready to win. A rip clean fixes any invasion that exists in a nano reef.

ability to access the entire system and all new water changes the remediation rules. Large tankers don’t have access to all new water and it’s too hard to clean the tank correctly, they must do it in parts

large tank owners can’t rip clean, they must hesitantly ID and dose things/ cross fingers and hope and by extension owners of all reefs think it has to be this way. so the rule gets made up: don’t do water changes during dinos

and that’s a bad rule, bc we do opposite and collect wins. There is no larger % water change than a rip clean, doing opposite of the rules made by large tankers is good for nano owners but you have to clean all at once, you can NOT do it in sections. There’s a reason for that.

as of now: your suspended protein is low

Invasion mass is high

food concentration, low. They’re nitrogen negative and losing mass.

all surfaces blanketed, surface area for nitrification reduced from wastewater contact by blanketing coverage

your corals haven’t been fed used with increased water changes the last few mos, they’re enduring stresses only. dosers only

blackouts, all insults.

Changes hoping to affect dinos over an extended period, thats coral stress. We dispense the invasion overnite and concentrate on feed + water changes to drive clean protein right back into corals = puts on mass.

we get opposite outcome by doing opposite to what the masses do.

you can be fixed by tomorrow we show as plain as day twice over above.

notice this: we focus on increased feeding of corals after the rip clean, not dosers. It’s why their corals are extended so well they’re about to fall out of the cup. do literally opposite of the masses for the consistent win.

do a nano reef exercise reboot camp live time here. Your after pics will look like gold if you do.
Is any one else lost with this reply? Sry

GarrettT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea that really doesn’t look bad. Does your top LR have dinos on it? The “dinos” on the sand, do they have long slimy looking algae that tries to attach itself to objects such as the rocks on your sand?

OP
OP
D

Davisc1293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, the rocks are mostly covered with cyano i believe. This is a slide taken from my sandbed tonight. Would not accept the video file so heres a screenshot
Screenshot_20220622-220300_Video Editor.jpg

GarrettT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow… I don’t see any diatoms in there. 3 weeks of dosing? Your silica tester has to be giving you false readings. You using Brightwells spongexcel?

OP
OP
D

Davisc1293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow… I don’t see any diatoms in there. 3 weeks of dosing? Your silica tester has to be giving you false readings. You using Brightwells spongexcel?
I think i noticed a few diatioms in other sections of the slide but very few. I dosed spongeexcell for several weeks and now for the past week ive been dosing both spongexcell and also .4ml of 41% waterglass daily.

OP
OP
D

Davisc1293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think i noticed a few diatioms in other sections of the slide but very few. I dosed spongeexcell for several weeks and now for the past week ive been dosing both spongexcell and also .4ml of 41% waterglass daily.
i also failed to mention i forgot to pull phosguard about the first week of dosing. which i see also pulls silicates.

OP
OP
D

Davisc1293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many you drops daily and what’s your tank size?
The first few days i was just dosing a few drops. I then started dosing one full squeeze from the dropper which was about 20 drops. Lately, ive been dosing .4ml of waterglass AND 20+ drops of spongexcell

GarrettT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For reference, on my 220g total I was dosing about 220-300 drops per day. That lasted about a week until I had to back off because my silicate was above 2ppm.

OP
OP
D

Davisc1293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For reference, on my 220g total I was dosing about 220-300 drops per day. That lasted about a week until I had to back off because my silicate was above 2ppm.
the spongexcell is so diluted i never even rly calculated what i would need to dose 2ppm but i do know The .4ml of waterglass alone is 2ppm

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Davis what’s your take on the before and after pics on page 2, it shows your tank wouldn’t be all that hard to change into what the after pics show

r u ready to change up your reef, fix it this weekend? Delay + chemical souping is killing your corals, not dinos.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a message sent last month offering to assist, forgot I'd sent that.

Looks like this course is set/ hands off since November to now, that's one super long invasion run.

In my opinion you've spent more time assessing problems than enjoying the tank, I'm reading this in the lead-ups to this thread. The advice from the public is harming your reef, per pics.

We will still benefit in rip clean threads tracking updates on this tank as it gives the coaches here a chance to fix a half year invasion challenge live time. We are watching to see if anyone sees the fix through to completion- do they fix this tank by the end of summer at least? How much open ended wait is still required?

Once your tank is fixed using non rip clean options we can compare timeliness to manual work modes

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 18.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back