Corals closing up everyday

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zbass
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Zbass

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2024
Messages
160
Reaction score
41
Location
TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mostly Acans and Zoa's is the tank and one leather and one Nem. no the Nem isn't stinging anything. when the light first comes on in the morning everything opens up and looks great then after about 2 hours they seem to all start to close up. the Acans look ok just not as fat as usual, but something is deifinitly affecting all corals. I just treated it for CYNO a couple of weeks ago but I did a 50% water change. corals were already acting funny before I treated the tank. I jut now put some carbon in to see if that does anything. and before you ask all of my elements have been tested and are great. My nitrates are like 7 wish they were higher but they have been like that along time.
 
I have mostly Acans and Zoa's is the tank and one leather and one Nem. no the Nem isn't stinging anything. when the light first comes on in the morning everything opens up and looks great then after about 2 hours they seem to all start to close up. the Acans look ok just not as fat as usual, but something is deifinitly affecting all corals. I just treated it for CYNO a couple of weeks ago but I did a 50% water change. corals were already acting funny before I treated the tank. I jut now put some carbon in to see if that does anything. and before you ask all of my elements have been tested and are great. My nitrates are like 7 wish they were higher but they have been like that along time.
Does your light ramp up in the mornings? If they start closing 2 hours after the light turns on it could be too bright. Have you made any changes with them recently, and what do you run them at?
 
Does your light ramp up in the mornings? If they start closing 2 hours after the light turns on it could be too bright. Have you made any changes with them recently, and what do you run them at?
I actually have. I didn't even think of that. so I dropped the light down. I was getting as high as 400 par the top and I brought it down to 285. we will see what that does. I can't believe I didn't think of that. thank man!!
 
I actually have. I didn't even think of that. so I dropped the light down. I was getting as high as 400 par the top and I brought it down to 285. we will see what that does. I can't believe I didn't think of that. thank man!!
No worries at all :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new