Corals for FOWLR tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eienna
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2013
Messages
5,758
Reaction score
521
Location
Eddyville, KY, USA
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any soft corals distasteful or sting-y enough to survive in a FOWLR tank with a fish or two that might otherwise eat coral? I have a coral beauty, electric blue damsel, green spotted puffer and lyretail molly in this 29g tank.
 
I have seen people keep all kinds of corals in a reef with a green spotted puffer and coral beauty. I believe the trick would be keeping them fed well enough to keep them from venturing into taste testing your corals or inverts in the case of the GSP.
 
I had a lionfish/puffer predator reef for a while. It was awesome! the lion ate any shrimp he saw but the puffer was very docile luckily. I had mainly LPS and softies too. The tasty kinds. Best bet with coral would be cheap fast growing stuff incase they get munched on. Even better: SET UP ANOTHER TANK! If you have to, pretend you are making an emergency quarantine and slowly develop it into a full blown reef. Nobody will ever know until it is too late.
 
Haha. I'm already trying to set up another tank. On my budget it's slow going, though, and the idea was to spruce up THIS tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new