Corals gone wild

reef4now

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first reef tank,that said I’ve been doing a decent job of keeping my softies happy.so far they are growing and I am undecided about fragging them.do you recommend letting nature take its course or frag them.

E673F745-DDD1-4599-8A01-C441B0B7E58F.jpeg

alxrosco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eventually you will frag them. You will run out of space at some point, and for sure want to make room for new frags.

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great job! My vote would be for you to sell off (or trade) some big frags and get some really colorful and interesting LPS corals---maybe even an easy but really cool SPS like an anacropora. You've done such a great job with the soft corals, why not experiment with some harder stuff?

OP
OP
reef4now

reef4now

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great job! My vote would be for you to sell off (or trade) some big frags and get some really colorful and interesting LPS corals---maybe even an easy but really cool SPS like an anacropora. You've done such a great job with the soft corals, why not experiment with some harder stuff?
Thanks for the input. I am considering getting some sps, but am worried about messing up what I have going.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really easy sps would be montipora digitatas. Your tank looks amazing.
Thanks for the input. I am considering getting some sps, but am worried about messing up what I have going.

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re doing so well already, you can add easy SPS and LPS with little trouble. Note I didn’t say no trouble! You’ll need to start regularly testing alk, Ca, Mg, PO4, and NO3. You’ll need to learn how to supplement these things (or sometimes reduce the last two). You’ll have to make sure your lights are up to the task. It’s some new work and supplies/equipment but you’re ready

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back