OP
OP
Clownshow

Clownshow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post pic of the whole setup and measure distance from lights to the bottom of tank.
Lights are 22 inches from the bottom of the tank.
20210228202854_IMG_1439~2.jpg

ReeferLou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on reviews of the light and that picture you could be over 200par on sand if the light is maxed out. So turning down the white channel is the best advice and then consider renting a par meter or searching the light library for PAR data. There are some very detailed experiments there. Good luck

OP
OP
Clownshow

Clownshow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on reviews of the light and that picture you could be over 200par on sand if the light is maxed out. So turning down the white channel is the best advice and then consider renting a par meter or searching the light library for PAR data. There are some very detailed experiments there. Good luck
Turned white lights off today and dropped the blues to 70% and the corals are looking happier hammer is out more than it ever has been.

OP
OP
Clownshow

Clownshow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a tds meter today and my rodi water reads 7pm and my tap is 70ppm could that be the problem?

ReeferLou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a tds meter today and my rodi water reads 7pm and my tap is 70ppm could that be the problem?
Yes something may need to be changed for the RODI filter - it should be 1 or 2 at most right out of the filter. Make sure you capture the out put in a small CLEAN cup (like new plastic cup) and test and not a large tub where other contaminants can give a higher reading. It does not take much to throw the reading off like sticking your hand in or a dirty cup. But I doubt that would cause any coral damage in the short term but should be addressed long term.

OP
OP
Clownshow

Clownshow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes something may need to be changed for the RODI filter - it should be 1 or 2 at most right out of the filter. Make sure you capture the out put in a small CLEAN cup (like new plastic cup) and test and not a large tub where other contaminants can give a higher reading. It does not take much to throw the reading off like sticking your hand in or a dirty cup. But I doubt that would cause any coral damage in the short term but should be addressed long term.
Oh okay I tested the water that has been sitting in my ato container for a week. I am making some new water right now that I will test.

OP
OP
Clownshow

Clownshow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tested it right out of the filter and it was 0

OP
OP
Clownshow

Clownshow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you eveyone who has helped me. I could never keep my corals happy but now they are happy as can be. I guess I was overlooking the lighting and focusing too much on parameters.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back