Corals that you regret buying?

V4Vendetta

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2016
Messages
65
Reaction score
18
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any corals that you bought in the past and regretted ever putting in your tank? Want to hear people's stories and experiences. Merry Christmas!!
 
A scolymia and Acans. I've never understood their appeal but was looking after them for someone and everyone else kept telling me how great they looked;)
 
Blue cloves hands down long time back...nothing beats it at being the worst pest. Everything else can be mechanically removed (Kenya, Xenia, Zoas, larger cloves...) but these guys are something else.
they can squeeze into any nook or cranny and spread like wildfire. Never again haha.
 
Anthelia, grew like a weed and tried to take over. It ended up taking out several rocks and dried them out to kill it. Kenya trees, I liked them at first but then started dropping branches and attached everywhere. I have GSP but I like the look of it enough to keep it on an island.
 
all the stories from ppl about xenia and kenya tree is the reason why I always say no to my gf when she suggests getting one for my tank. She thinks they are so pretty and graceful. Do zoas or palys grow fast like xenia and cover everything also?
 
all the stories from ppl about xenia and kenya tree is the reason why I always say no to my gf when she suggests getting one for my tank. She thinks they are so pretty and graceful. Do zoas or palys grow fast like xenia and cover everything also?
zoas and palys can be like that. most people have zoa gardens that are separated from the rest of their 'scape to ensure they dont spread everywhere.
 
all the stories from ppl about xenia and kenya tree is the reason why I always say no to my gf when she suggests getting one for my tank. She thinks they are so pretty and graceful. Do zoas or palys grow fast like xenia and cover everything also?

They can be aggressive but won't spread as bad as something like a Xenia coral. Xenia are just harder to control and maintain. Isolating Xenia is dang near impossible, and much easier with palys or zoas.
 
Indo Elegance. Beautiful for about 4 months then started to close up and due to inexperience kept it too long and nuked 7 other corals.
 
Neon green pocillipora. Beautiful coral but dropped babies all over the tank. At first I thought it was cool to have an SPS thriving like that but I soon realized what a nusiance it could become. At one time I had over 25 small colonies from one end of the tank to the other. My apologies to all of my friends I gave frags to....I had no idea.

Interestingly I've kept other colors of pocillipora that never dropped a single baby.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new