Corals vs. Butterflyfish and Angelfish...

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of turning my 65 fowler into a reef...I have a Singapore angel and a lattice butterflyfish...is there a type of coral that these fish would not readily consume?;Drool

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience there is no way to tell individually. The Singapore will nip at lps and sps. The butterfly will also nip sps and softies and zoas

jdl513

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The angel is unlikely to do much nipping if fed regularly. I would be more concerned with the butterfly. if you want to keep anything more than mushrooms and leathers you may have to find it a new home.

OP
OP
Congaken

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The angel is unlikely to do much nipping if fed regularly. I would be more concerned with the butterfly. if you want to keep anything more than mushrooms and leathers you may have to find it a new home.
So leather corals and shrooms will be OK?...that's a start...not interested in a major reef...just want some interest and color...

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mushrooms are probably ok. Probably rock anemones and BTA. I had a Singapore and he was a model citizen for a long time. Then one day. Sps and euphelia became dinner.

becks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love angelfish and I had to remove my coral beauty as he started attacking my corals, I over fed my tank and it did not stop it. They are pickers and then tested and coral was like hummm this is nice nom,nom ,nom.

I was gutted but I won't put another angelfish in my reef again.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back