Core 7 - 3a and 3b detritus in bottles?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rockskimmerflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi just wondering if there is any explanation for the bits of grayish tan mulm or detritus always present in the bottom of the 3a and 3b Core7 components? Every new bottle I open has these clumps of solids at the bottom and shaking the bottle does not make it dissipate.

Now I am not worried about them hurting anything, as I have been running to the product now long enough to see positive effects on my tanks and am very happy with the potency and consistency of the supplements. Just curious if there is any reason that those bits of dirt are always at the bottom of brand new 3a and 3b bottles. Thanks

Oberst Oswald

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found if the bottle temperature is below 70 degrees the product starts to solidify near the bottom. Try putting the bottles in a bucket of hot water for awhile and see if the "clumps" go away.

OP
OP
rockskimmerflow

rockskimmerflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found if the bottle temperature is below 70 degrees the product starts to solidify near the bottom. Try putting the bottles in a bucket of hot water for awhile and see if the "clumps" go away.

Thanks for the tip, but this isn't anything to do with product solidifying. It's more like a small, loose clumps of soft bacterial mulm looking material that is settled at the bottom of the bottles -not at all carbonate based. I've gone through probably 15 + new cases of the 1L sets of Core7 and about half of them have had these tan colored detritus like deposits in the bottom. Most of the new 3a and 3b jugs have a bit of crusty carbonate precipitate around the top rim which I fully expect. Just curious about what seems to be a more organic based substance present in the 3a and 3b bottles. Interestingly, I got my first set of the huge 4 x 10 Liter jugs of Core7 about a month ago and none of them had anything in the bottoms of the jugs. Clean as a whistle, so I'm not sure what the deal is with the smaller 1L sets. No harm has seemed to come from dosing complete bottles containing the particulates at the bottom though and am very happy with the product.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back