• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Cornbred corals is the worst

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do we sign up for $25 frags?
I've got a guy :D and my LFS either sells incredibly overpriced stuff, or they sell stuff for dirt cheap because they don't know what they're looking at. They have a kryptonite candy cane thats been in their frag tank since there was still snow on the ground, and it's still marked at $90 for 3 heads

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a guy :D and my LFS either sells incredibly overpriced stuff, or they sell stuff for dirt cheap because they don't know what they're looking at. They have a kryptonite candy cane thats been in their frag tank since there was still snow on the ground, and it's still marked at $90 for 3 heads

Wait.... thats a good price for 3 heads?

I've got 2 sitting at an LFS in Los Angeles for $20 a frag 2-3 heads each

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If any of you live in Los Angeles I made a LFS guide somewhere.

I recently got all my last 12 or so frags all total'd out to less than $20 a frag including SPS etc.

Have a few $80-100 pieces in there. Lots of good places to hunt in Los Angeles for some WYSIWYG and rare deals.
I do and would love to compare notes.

Where's this list. Do tell do tell!

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait.... thats a good price for 3 heads?

I've got 2 sitting at an LFS in Los Angeles for $20 a frag 2-3 heads each
I don't think its a good price, just using it as an example of their wildly inconsistent pricing lol I've gotten some good deals there occasionally, but on the other hand they sell tiny kenya trees for $30

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes he was, and got a decent coral for the price it seems. You should not be upset, that is for you to decide and you did. R2R has always been a supportive place, it's why many moved here from RC and other forums. There was no need for people to jump on the OP, he wasn't happy, still isn't happy. The only things threads like this do is make people not want to post.
While I see your point of view ... OP was hostile out of the gate when asked a very basic question for clarity. I am all for singing kum by ya and all of that but we need to be able to laugh and let go sometimes, too. If you go on a forum wanting to pick a fight because you are mad at a vendor ... someone will take you up on it.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I see your point of view ... OP was hostile out of the gate when asked a very basic question for clarity. I am all for singing kum by ya and all of that but we need to be able to laugh and let go sometimes, too. If you go on a forum wanting to pick a fight because you are mad at a vendor ... someone will take you up on it.

You are right. Looking back at the the thread the responses were appropriate and it was handled well and with tact. I don't see how they could have communicated their point any other way, and really, everyone was quite nice about it showing empathy while also stating how important it is to read descriptions.

I was in the wrong in attempting to call anyone out in hopes of civility, as it was already present and it was my fault for not seeing it. I apologize to everyone. This would be a great thread to show to anyone wishing to join online reefing forums.

OP
OP
J

Jaylagoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And a quick search on google is his address if you decided to return............lol fun read today.
Holy witch hunt. Lol

All's I did was post my experience. Look were it lead to. Someone even called me hostile. Did y'all not read the last 5 pages of comments lol. w.e. once again all's I did was post my experience.

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy witch hunt. Lol

All's I did was post my experience. Look were it lead to. Someone even called me hostile. Did y'all not read the last 5 pages of comments lol. w.e. once again all's I did was post my experience.
You grabbed the first pitchfork but I think the other guy was pointing out the sellers address

OP
OP
J

Jaylagoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well don't make the simple mistake of not reading right.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are right. Looking back at the the thread the responses were appropriate and it was handled well and with tact. I don't see how they could have communicated their point any other way, and really, everyone was quite nice about it showing empathy while also stating how important it is to read descriptions.

I was in the wrong in attempting to call anyone out in hopes of civility, as it was already present and it was my fault for not seeing it. I apologize to everyone. This would be a great thread to show to anyone wishing to join online reefing forums.
Agreed. Very hard to get nuance and context in the written word, but as far as net civility goes, this was a text book example of a spirited debate that kept things civil.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. Very hard to get nuance and context in the written word, but as far as net civility goes, this was a text book example of a spirited debate that kept things civil.
monty python misc films GIF

OP
OP
J

Jaylagoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short.

Vender sent to wrong person.

Return address was a hotel.

No phone number.

Seller sent fresh cut frag. (Not sure if that's a biggie but it seems like it)

Frag was detached from plug.

Frag was shipped with a cold packet. It was in the 60's that night.

In the sellers defence. They resolved the issue.

The issue could have been easily prevented just by double checking a order. Come on it's a 300 dollar order. I wouldn't want to hire a contractor that thinks it is ok to measure once. So for those reasons I post experience.

So don't blame me for this. If you screw someone like this. Things are going to get heated after that.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short.

No phone number.

The issue could have been easily prevented just by double checking a order. Come on it's a 300 dollar order. I wouldn't want to hire a contractor that thinks it is ok to measure once. So for those reasons I post experience.

Your original post should have outlined all of this and i doubt you would have been flamed so much.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short.

No phone number.

As far as vendors go, sounds like you actually had a good one and far from ‘the worst’. He screwed up but made it right. Some real shady characters out there ripping people off. I’ve been on the other end of getting dead sticks and the seller not fixing the problem.
I get it wasn’t a perfect, stress free, transaction but could have been a lot worse. In the end, I’m glad things worked out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 50.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 40 52.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • None.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.2%
Back