• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Cornbred corals is the worst

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally think it’s comical that all these people talking about Cornbred can’t even spell his name right! HAHA

Cornbred, not Cornbread

IMO, Cornbred = Rip Off

OP
OP
J

Jaylagoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get the coral you paid for?
It turns out it wasn't wysiwyg. So I cant answer that. I did receive a o.g bounce. It looked freshly cut. So I'm thinking they cut off a piece from the mother and mailed it out as a replacement. It's a shame.

Dose anyone know if it's ok to mail out fresh cut frags?

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Usually not. They are already stressed as is and become more prone to disease during shipping. It's a mushroom. So if it hasn't melted yet.. Doesn't mean it wont either.
However, it has a chance to heal and grow still.

Edit: I am sorry you had a terrible vendor ebay experience. And got very "civil" treatment.

OP
OP
J

Jaylagoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually not. They are already stressed as is and become more prone to disease during shipping. It's a mushroom. So if it hasn't melted yet.. Doesn't mean it wont either.
However, it has a chance to heal and grow still.

Edit: I am sorry you had a terrible vendor ebay experience. And got very "civil" treatment.
Civil treatment yes. Now thinking back I'm lucky for that. They did the right thing. Also they could have kept my money. If they wanted to.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It turns out it wasn't wysiwyg. So I cant answer that. I did receive a o.g bounce. It looked freshly cut. So I'm thinking they cut off a piece from the mother and mailed it out as a replacement. It's a shame.

A big thing a lot of new hobbiests overlook is the difference in parameters from one tank to the next. Sometimes the difference is quite large.

OP
OP
J

Jaylagoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A big thing a lot of new hobbiests overlook is the difference in parameters from one tank to the next. Sometimes the difference is quite large.
What, not trying to be rude but that has nothing to do with what was mentioned in that comment. I'm out, definitely not sticking around for another witch hunt again.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What, not trying to be rude but that has nothing to do with what was mentioned in that comment. I'm out, definitely not sticking around for another witch hunt again.
RUN FORREST RUN.
Forrest Gump Reaction GIF

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wonder how many more views/followers the real cornbread got from this post?

what do they say any publicity is good publicity?;)

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder how many more views/followers the real cornbread got from this post?

what do they say any publicity is good publicity?;)
I’m sure he got plenty of views but I for one would never do business with cornbred. Not because of this experience but for the simple fact that I can’t trust/ recreate the lighting on how the pieces look. Same reason I didn’t participate in joe knows reef live sale. The coloration on the corals are so enhanced / cartoonish that I really have no clue on what I should expect.

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m sure he got plenty of views but I for one would never do business with cornbred. Not because of this experience but for the simple fact that I can’t trust/ recreate the lighting on how the pieces look. Same reason I didn’t participate in joe knows reef live sale. The coloration on the corals are so enhanced / cartoonish that I really have no clue on what I should expect.
I wouldn’t either, I have heard all he ships are nubs. I do have an acro that is claimed to be a cornbread piece, I think I paid $25-35 for the frag from a local reefer and on his site it was $1k

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This thread has been moved to vendor feedback in accordance with our policies regarding feedback threads. We do not generally allow outside comments in negative feedback threads per our feedback policy (because we have found that keeping conversation between buyer and seller without outside comments is the easiest way to see resolution of a dispute or negative experience). However, due to the amount of conversation that has already taken place in this thread, we are leaving these comments in place and closing this thread. If you have had a transaction with the vendor or buyer in this thread, and would like to share that experience, please start a new thread in the appropriate feedback forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back