Corraline on glass

Devan Patel

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2022
Messages
367
Reaction score
119
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, any suggestions on how to get this corraline off the glass? I’ve used multiple metal scrapers but it’s really stuck on there and I don’t like seeing it in
20260530_110419_3A615D0E-31E3-4988-ABC4-49A616C74660.png

the front.
 
I feel your struggle!
I use a combination of a plastic putty knife and my fingernail. The putty knife gets it going, reducing it, and my fingernail takes off the rest. It’s still not easy and takes many passes. I’m tempted to get a tuxedo urchin, but in my smallish style tank, I worry that it’ll knock over corals.

I only want coralline on my rocks, not on the glass nor the back acrylic wall. Every week, during maintenance day, I remove some.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new