Welcome to the party.
Dune Movie Love GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’ve been in Costa Rica for a year planning on starting some aquariums. I’d like to get to know anyone in Costa Rica and want help to source fish. I’m starting small doing a nano never had a nano before. Haven’t had a tank in at least ten years. I want to culture plankton, pods, brine shrimp even krill. My first tank around 20 gallons I plan on pairing a goby with a pistol shrimp, then breed them. I’m going to start two tanks not sure if I go bare bottom and keep one a quarantine then get a third when it comes to breeding. I’ll probably quarantine the first goby and shrimp 10 years ago I didn’t use a quarantine tank. After I breed the gobies and a mated pair of gobies and pistol shrimp. I think I need two aquariums if I breed pistols, I plan on breeding sexy shrimp and clowns. Starting real small I want to have every type of shrimp breeding even cleaners I don’t plan on keeping every goby but a mated pair of mandarins is on the list. I plan on Randall’s and the Dracula I think I like the Dracula better then yasha. I hope to get to know some people if there’s nobody in Costa Rica I’d still like to meet some goby and shrimp breeders.

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Costa Rica:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
F

Fishy4L

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Costa Rica:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Thanks I plan on it I’m going back soon plan on bringing back on R/O filter. Any opinion on the 3 stage RO/DI I had one I think it was installed without a regulator and the psi was too much. I see them for 100 or 500 and the three stage DI seems to be the only difference. Then I’ll need to find some salt here probably can in San Jose.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back