Could do with some expert advice

Martypello

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I have bought this amazing aquascape and I would like some advice on coral placement please money isn't really an option as I will do it in stages just would like some expert advice as I no certain corals sting other corals so they don't take overtake the tank I want to run a soft and lps tank love hammers and frogspawn any advice would be great would just love some ones help as I no placement is everything am running a e170 redsea with a hydra 26 also big thanks to r and r aquascapes amazing

IMG-20231210-WA0012.jpg

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral placement will be depending on your light output (PAR) as well as flow in your tank. Is your tank up and running already so you can share a picture of your tank? :)

From an aqua scape alone, it is very difficult to give qualified advice on coral placement.

Some generic advice though can be found here separated by type of coral.

OP
OP
Martypello

Martypello

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't receive the rock work will Wednesday I have an
Coral placement will be depending on your light output (PAR) as well as flow in your tank. Is your tank up and running already so you can share a picture of your tank? :)

From an aqua scape alone, it is very difficult to give qualified advice on coral placement.

Some generic advice though can be found here separated by type of coral.

OP
OP
Martypello

Martypello

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't receive the rock work will Wednesday but then I can post a picture thats just the picture of it been made I have a nero3 powerhead and am willing at add another if need be as for par am going to rent one and get par reading ov all the rock work on Wednesday once it's in tank but am I wrong in thinking I can just adjust my light to make the par what I want ? Currently my light is only running at 60% so I could easily turn it up but I though for an lps and soft coral tank though 60% would be fine sorry am not experienced like your self hence reason am asking for help

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's best to run the tank 3 or 4 months without light or coral to allow your system to develop biodiversity and microfauna before turning lights on and adding coral. Fish don't need lights. This will make your ugly stages more manageable. May want to consider a few pieces of live wet ocean rock too. This Jumpstarts your biome.

OP
OP
Martypello

Martypello

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank has been up and running for 7.months am just changeing rock work as I have upgraded fron the redsea nano to the redsea e170 but am guessing with new rocks starts hole system again so basically am starting a fresh?

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just look for light and flow requirements. Lps generally require moderate light and flow and softies require lower flow and light. Lps higher and softies lower. Little rock islands are nice to contain more invasive softies such as zoas and gsp.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back