If it was easy to redesign your tank, would you do it?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes we start our tanks with a specific design in mind that we love. We place the aquascape, get the coral we want, and all the livestock we want for our tank. A few months down the road we wish we would have done something different with the tank (different aquascape, different tank, or maybe different coral placement). I am wondering if it was easy to redesign a tank, would you redesign yours?

Mechano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was easy and not disturbing anything and had no corals to relocate etc etc I would do it.

But if u have a bunch of corals already mounted and tank is established , I wouldn’t touch it unless it was minor.

BigMonkeyBrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes we start our tanks with a specific design in mind that we love. We place the aquascape, get the coral we want, and all the livestock we want for our tank. A few months down the road we wish we would have done something different with the tank (different aquascape, different tank, or maybe different coral placement). I am wondering if it was easy to redesign a tank, would you redesign yours?
Sure. I just got twenty mixed frags, I may have to blast or at least drill more holes for the tee ( T ) holders.

Hobbies are usually easy on the mind and body. Redesign, did you mean cheap, low cost ?

Probably happens !

“So let it be written, so let it be done”

Fishy Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would've done my rock scape differently to make coral placement easier and to take better advantage of light. It's my first tank and only a 25g so not a big deal and will be a good lesson for if/when I ever upgrade.

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If it were easy sure. . . I would design a scape that maximizes coral placement and flow. That said I am happy enough with what I have that I wont risk changing it. . . cause it definitely aint easy!!!

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was easy and not disturbing anything and had no corals to relocate etc etc I would do it.

But if u have a bunch of corals already mounted and tank is established , I wouldn’t touch it unless it was minor.
Oh I 100% agree, I wouldn't want to disturb the established inhabitants in a tank haha

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes!
And it will be easy in my case.
Just got confirmation my planet will be delivered to my house Monday.

I started reefscape already. I'll be using the color wheel more efficiently this go around. I'll be spreading out Coral more to allow some growth to have colonies. (more so than now, I don't like main display looking like frag tanks)

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes!
And it will be easy in my case.
Just got confirmation my planet will be delivered to my house Monday.

I started reefscape already. I'll be using the color wheel more efficiently this go around. I'll be spreading out Coral more to allow some growth to have colonies. (more so than now, I don't like main display looking like frag tanks)
That'll be cool seeing the coral be spread out like that!

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have made many mistakes in the last 2 tanks. This time around I'm planning the rockscape for the fish and coral placement. I'm also giving coral more space to grow. Some of my favorite weeds are getting a rock of their own too.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back