Could use some help picking out coral before submitting my order

rennjidk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000005210.jpg

Entire tank is a fairly even 200 par blanket with the arch being the lowest point at around 170.

I'm planning on doing either one or both main rocks as euphyllia gardens, and sticking 2 torches in the mag rocks. Euphyllia only tanks just look kind of boring in my opinion. I'd like a lot more color outside of the green/gold hammer options. I thought maybe a goni garden on the right side to accomplish this, but I never have any luck with them. I also still have no idea what to do with the arch itself.

Any thoughts?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I pick out a coral, I am going to buy it before you see it. It's a tough crowd out here competing for the same frags and colonies. You are on your own, bub!

Otherwise, I noticed today that Adam and Will (Battlecorals & AquaSD) are having a sale or loaded up with thousands of corals on the latter site. Check them out. I have a few in my cart already!

AquaSD https://aquasd.com/ They also have some eBay auctions live, I may check those out but I like their site better. They are setting up a new store, so be patient.

OP
OP
rennjidk

rennjidk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I pick out a coral, I am going to buy it before you see it. It's a tough crowd out here competing for the same frags and colonies. You are on your own, bub!

Otherwise, I noticed today that Adam and Will (Battlecorals & AquaSD) are having a sale or loaded up with thousands of corals on the latter site. Check them out. I have a few in my cart already!

AquaSD https://aquasd.com/ They also have some eBay auctions live, I may check those out but I like their site better. They are setting up a new store, so be patient.
I didn't mean help me pick out the literal frags I was going to buy or where to get them. I'm just looking for input on what might look good in the tank other than the euphyllia already mentioned.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's all a personal preference. What you think is boring, May be someone else's favorite. My advice would be...get what you like and make sure your environment is setup correctly for them and you have ample room for everything to get along.

The forum is full of wonderful corals. One good tip is to go to the show off threads in say lps and sps, shrooms, zoas, etc and start viewing pics to find something maybe you don't know you like.

Good luck. Only you can figure out what you like.

Digimes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like those but also like Richordea. You could make little "island" corals like GSP and such that would flow in the current and not take over main parts of the tank. I would look at height variations that other types make.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'm just looking for input on what might look good in the tank other than the euphyllia already mentioned.
there are more types of corals out there than the normal euphyllia. if you're leaning towards an LPS only tank, why not get some favia/favites? some meat corals? duncans? chalice? so many options. take your pick based on what you like.

OP
OP
rennjidk

rennjidk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are more types of corals out there than the normal euphyllia. if you're leaning towards an LPS only tank, why not get some favia/favites? some meat corals? duncans? chalice? so many options. take your pick based on what you like.
Oh I'm aware, I'm just terrible at making things look good with placement. I ended up just ordering a battlebox since they were on sale and going full sticks. Still probably add some torches or something in the mag rocks and maybe a chalice on the back wall.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back