Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0904131616.jpg
0906131640a.jpg
0906131712.jpg
Imperator and Hawk fish ...The bucket pic is where I drip acclimate , phone pics sorry . Yayyy! swimming and eating .

OP
OP
Sman

Sman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I got it they said it was a Hawaiian Red Banded Hawk fish . I have known them to be called Blood Hawk fish . I don't think it is a Pygmy ....but I was wrong once .

OP
OP
Sman

Sman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0913131627.jpg
0914130633.jpg
0914131413.jpg
0911131442.jpg
Got a healthy Blue faced Angel and my daughter got another starfish...Everyone is getting along and eating so far ...Tank is coming along.

OP
OP
Sman

Sman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is a 130 with a 60 gallon sump ...I have a friend who has a blue lined , blue faced and imperator in his 180 for a couple years and has had no trouble . I have heard that mixing Pomacanthus could be trouble , I hope not . I imagine I will need something larger in the next year or so if they get along . The Angels don't pay much attention to each other so far , just flare at the sail fin every once in awhile . It would be great to have them get along as well as my friends fish do ...they look great swimming around together . The starfish is in my daughters 30 with her others .

wakeboardgeek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is a 130 with a 60 gallon sump ...I have a friend who has a blue lined , blue faced and imperator in his 180 for a couple years and has had no trouble . I have heard that mixing Pomacanthus could be trouble , I hope not . I imagine I will need something larger in the next year or so if they get along . The Angels don't pay much attention to each other so far , just flare at the sail fin every once in awhile . It would be great to have them get along as well as my friends fish do ...they look great swimming around together . The starfish is in my daughters 30 with her others .

That's great. Keep us updated with their temperaments together. I'd eventually love to have a tank large enough for multiple large angels.

OP
OP
Sman

Sman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been 3 weeks and they are going about their own business ( I know this could change ) They both eat well and seem healthy . I think they have a 2 inch rule , they don't like to feed any closer than that . I keep a really strong top current and have a lot of blind spots where they lose sight of each other regularly . ( A friend told me to do this , something about attention span ) And temperature at 79/80 . Waiting on the new lights , that should make them pop . I'm keeping my fingers crossed they look good together . .
1.jpg

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those angels are beauties. Glad to see them coexisting. You can't beat a hawkfish for personality either.

OP
OP
Sman

Sman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol ...My friends really are giving me a hard time about the statue . I have always messed with them about the weird stuff they put in their aquariums ( Sponge Bob , Skulls ) . Got the new lights , seems to have made the colors of the fish stand out .
DSCF2777.jpg
DSCF2779.jpg
DSCF2784.jpg

OP
OP
Sman

Sman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE .Everyone is still getting along ...Angels seem to be growing quite rapidly. Starting a larger tank in a few months .

Attachments

• r2r1.jpg
    r2r1.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 118

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 38 28.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 26 19.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 31 23.3%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 36 27.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back