Couple weeks to get parts

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mikeg1983
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mikeg1983

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 13, 2012
Messages
28
Reaction score
3
Location
Appleton Wi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I am just going to vent. But it sucks when you spend so much money on the hobby then when something dose break under warranty and they tell you it will be a few weeks untell they are going to have it in stock really sucks.
 
Not that this will help you at this point, as you already stated you will need to wait until a replacement is in stock... I like you have had similar issues so I took a more proactive approach with keeping certain things on hand as replacement spares... Not everything just key components main Return Pump, Heater, ATO and an extra apex controller, big downside is the money I had to spend to have that sort of piece of mind.

Hope you don't mind me asking but, what will you have to wait on?
 
Last edited:
Skimmer pump kit most things I do have 2 or 3 of but just not that because 1 month after I got it they retired it. They have a pump but not parts to get it to work.
 
I personally had my skimmer pump fail on me a couple of times, you can run a little over a week without a problem, but I add an air stone to aid with oxygen exchange.
 
Yea going on a week now. Looking at maybe just upgrading skimmer. Just don't know what I want to go to.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new