Court’s 90 gallon

Uptowngirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!
Super excited to be upgrading my tank from my 29g bio cube to a Marineland reef ready 90g. I bought the tank used for a good price with a nice stand and trigger systems ruby 36 sump.
CBCD25F0-7054-471A-AFC6-88A59F3DA670.jpeg

E31DEC57-9279-4B27-8E83-AA7C05E1E49B.jpeg

Also peep my Afghan hound always being in the way when I’m trying to do tank stuff. Sand is in with some water-using the tank to rinse the sand.

The plan is to have a mixed reef, mostly softies, some lps, lots of Macroalgae, my bta, and maybe an sps coral or two. A couple fairy wrasse (covered tank for obvious reasons), pair of clowns, and lots of smaller peaceful fish and inverts.

Currently the tank has a Durso drain. There are two holes drilled in the bottom. I think I would prefer a Herbie style because of the emergency drain. The tank didn’t come with any other plumbing so I’m doing it all on my own. This is my first time even having a sump or anything so I am clueless.
02234A66-9807-4F4E-8AAD-C88BADDCBFA4.jpeg

The return pump I have is jebao dcp-8000 which does like 2100 gph

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy! Nice tank you are setting up. I have a 90 too. That Jebao pump will be more than enough for your 90. I had a Jebao dc-4000 on mine and it pushed some serious water. It was however too noisy. So it's in the garage pumping my mixing station. Best of luck with your new endeavor :)

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice... I also have a 90. Love it.

BTW, you must show your afghan. I notice the ear keeper thingies. I showed Scottish Terriers for years.

OP
OP
Uptowngirl

Uptowngirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice... I also have a 90. Love it.

BTW, you must show your afghan. I notice the ear keeper thingies. I showed Scottish Terriers for years.

I’m hoping to show him one day! His previous owner didn’t take great care of his coat, literally hacked mats out with scissors, so we have a lot of work to do with growing coat before we can show our face in the ring

OP
OP
Uptowngirl

Uptowngirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the day off work so I planned out my plumbing after days of reading so much information. I want the sump area to look really nice so I wanted to get nice colored pvc but my local hardware stores didn’t have it. So I’m ordering pretty red pipe from brs to match my ruby sump. Pretty excited. Utilizing unions in a couple places since I know I will be moving in a year, I want everything to come out easy and go back easy.

OP
OP
Uptowngirl

Uptowngirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got all of my drain piping set up and glued. Did a leak test and turns out the bulkhead is leaking. I rushed into the plumbing and didn’t think to take the time to clean the glass around the drilled holes. No I have to dry everything up and try to clean it and get a better seal and hopefully that was my issue

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back